The Commercial Finance Team provides counsel to institutional lenders in secured and unsecured corporate credit facilities, asset-based financing transactions, construction and permanent commercial real estate lending, acquisition finance and complex banking transactions and compliance issues.
Attorneys in this practice area represent state and national banks, federal savings banks, bank holding companies and other institutional lenders involved in a broad range of regulatory and lending transactions, commercial and asset-based lending and letter of credit facilities. As a group, we have substantial experience in lending to a broad range of manufacturers as well as other regulated or highly specialized industries, such as mortgage banking, health care, hospitality and auto leasing. We regularly handle loans secured by many different types of personal property and real estate, including office, retail, industrial, multi-family residential, health care facilities, condominiums and hotels.
- Represented bank in construction loans for infrastructure and site development of retail centers in Haverhill, Massachusetts and Scarborough, Maine
- Represented bank in construction loan for development of Carnegie Abbey Golf Club
- Represented bank in mortgage loan for acquisition of business park in Wayland, Massachusetts
- Represented bank in mortgage loan for acquisition of office and industrial building in Dartmouth, Massachusetts
- Represented bank in construction loans for improvements to marina in Rhode Island
- Represented bank in financing of acquisition of hotels in Massachusetts
- Represented bank in construction loan for construction of hotels in Rhode Island and Massachusetts
Utilizing the full resources of the Firm’s experienced attorneys and paralegals, the Commercial Finance Practice renders responsive and cost-effective services to meet our clients’ many business needs. Through the firm’s affiliation with Meritas, members of this practice area have immediate access to qualified local firms throughout the United States and internationally to address collateral and other issues arising in multi-state or international transactions.